Pidelaluna joins trade association MPI
Last February Pidelaluna joined the Spanish Chapter of the trade association MPI, Meeting Professionals International.
MPI, whose slogan is “connecting you to the global meetings + events community”, gathers corporate, association, and independent meeting planners all over the world. Being specially strong and influential in the USA and Canada, MPI competes in Europe with ICCA.
See www.mpiweb.org for more info. Here’s an abstract:
Ten Great Reasons to Join MPI
More than 98 percent of our members tell us that Meeting Professionals International (MPI) aids in their professional success. Here’s the top ten reasons why:
1. The Power of Connection: MPI’s global community is 24,000 members strong and comprised of powerful decision-makers representing more than 80 percent of Fortune 100 companies. Through membership, you can make crucial connections to people, ideas, and marketplaces which can take your business or your career to the next level.
2. Leave the Learning to Us: MPI’s Global Training Program provides you with a customized a learning path that ensures appropriate career and personal development at every stage of your career.
3. Establish Your Roots: On a local level, you’ll make valuable, lasting connections through local chapter involvement. It’s an ongoing opportunity for industry professionals to share information, support one another, create mutually beneficial alliances, and raise national awareness for their local professional community.
4. The Insider Scoop: As an MPI member, you’ll receive our award-winning magazine, One+, or its European/Middle Eastern/Asian counterpart, One+ EMEA. Members also get our exclusive weekly e-mail news featuring up-to-the-minute reports on the latest industry developments.
5. Raising Your Profile: Our professional certification opportunities set the standard for the meetings and events industry and guarantee you receive the best training in the business.
6. Spotlight Your Brand: Market your business to a global audience by utilizing MPI’s global marketplace, MPIWeb, One+ magazine and One+ EMEA.
7. In-The-Office Assistance: MPI continuously works hard to develop our online resources and provides many educational options via the World Wide Web, giving you essential skill development without needless travel time and expense. Also, MPI members have online access to vital research and data, which support the business case for the strategic value of meetings.
8. Keep Pace with the Global Industry: Our global gatherings present a wealth of educational offerings from small discussion groups to news-making keynote presentations, and CEUs are awarded for participation in general sessions and workshops.
9. Get Recognized: The MPI RISE Awards – Recognizing Industry Success and Excellence –honor the best of the best, both inside and outside MPI, and emphasize transformational change, innovation, global transferability, and industry impact.
10. On the Job: MPI’s online career portal – Career Connections – provides free access to industry-specific opportunities and a library of helpful articles. Job-seeking MPI members can use the site free